“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”
The Statue Of Liberty, She stands in the Harbour Holding Her torch high, lighting the way, and giving Hope to those seeking Freedom, opportunity, a new life–a chance for those with little to prosper.
Their have been great numbers of people, from all nations, and walks of life, who have who have taken Her up on Her offer. She welcomed them with open arms. With Gratitude, these people came to this Country, became a part of this society, and improved their life, not to mention their contributions to this Great Nation. Many started with little, and achieved their dreams, paid Taxes, build a life for themselves and their Families, and Yes—many joined our Armed Forces, Defended, and gave their lives for “The Lady in the Harbour”, and their newfound Home! Did She envision a time when Her offering would be abused. A time when the desire to become part of a Dream, would become merely an opportunity to Abuse–Her open arms. By no means am I saying, that there are not individuals who come to this Country, Become U.S. Citizens and give to the improvement of this Nation, for there are many. However–there are many, who do not!
The term illegal alien refers to a foreign national who resides in another country unlawfully, either by entering that country at a place other than a designated port-of-entry or as result of the expiration of a non-immigrant visa.
Though there are many (Negative Impacts) that a great number of Illegal Aliens can have on Society, I have listed just a few that I find interesting–Mind you that there are many more.
“Twelve Americans are murdered every day by illegal aliens, according to statistics released by Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa. If those numbers are correct, it translates to 4,380 Americans murdered annually by illegal aliens. That’s 21,900 since Sept. 11, 2001.” This is alarming to me, American killed by Illegals within our own Country. Those this is probably done by a small percentage of the Illegals–are they also included in the Illegal Alien Population that so many of our Politicians are trying to “Make life easy On”?
“Based on a one-year in-depth study, a researcher estimates there are about 240,000 illegal immigrant sex offenders in the United States who have had an average of four victims each.” Four Victims Each! What are we doing with these people. Many of them are sitting in American Prisons, and Yes, You and I have the Honor of Feeding, and Clothing them–remember that when you pay your taxes!
These are just two examples of the impact “Some” Illegals are having on the Crime Rate in the U.S. Once again, I am not stating that all Illegals commit these crimes–However, the number is starteling, and without proper documentation, it must be a chore to “Round Them Up”.
Crime is not the only concern that I have regarding Illeagals. The cost passed on the American Taxpayer for support and the various programs avaliable is incredible. The following Info I found at http://www.newsnet14.com/2008/09/the-cost-of-illegal-immigration/ “>The Cost of Illegal Immigration
1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year.
2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school
lunches for illegal aliens.
3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.
4. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens.
5. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens.
6. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare & social services by the American taxpayers.
7. $200 Billion Dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal aliens.
8. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate that’s two and a half times that of white non-illegal aliens.
In particular, their children, are going to make a huge additional crime problem in the US
9. During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens that crossed our Southern Border also, as many as
19,500 illegal aliens from Terrorist Countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth, heroin and marijuana, crossed
into the U. S from the Southern border.
10. In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances back to their countries of origin.
These Facts are Disturbing, the amount of money paid by the American Taxpayer could be better spent–in a way that truly benefits you–The American Citizen!